What are Poker Affiliate Programs?
The online poker rooms make money by 'raking' tables. When a player sits down at a table and makes a bet, a small percentage of that bet goes to the online poker room. When a player enters a tournament, a small entry fee goes to the room. Through their affiliate programs Poker rooms will pay you to send them players.
There are two ways which you can make money as a poker affiliate:
1) Revenue Share
- You take a percentage of the revenue your referrals create for the poker room through raking. This percentage varies from poker room to poker room. The more money your players bet (win or lose), the more rake.
2) Cost Per Action (CPA)
- Earn a bounty for each real money player you refer to the room. You are paid a set amount once that player reaches a certain wagering requirement, whether they win or lose.
Which option is better? It depends on how well you think your players will do and how much they will play. If you expect long-term winning players, choose revenue share, as this will pay off over time. If you expect them to make one deposit and then quit, CPA is likely the better option, as the one-time CPA payment will likely be more than you would generate from them with revenue share.
Your Earning Potential
At 25% Revenue Share with each active player paying $20 rake per day (rate for ACF Webmaster)
At $100 CPA (rate for 888 Affiliates)
- With 1 active player earn $150 per month
- With 10 active players earn $1500 per month
- With 20 active players earn $3000 per month
- With 50 active players earn $7500 per month
- Refer 1 player per month earn $100 per month
- Refer 5 players per month earn $500 per month
- Refer 10 players per month earn $1000 per month
- Refer 25 players per month earn $2500 per month